Disclaimer: This advice is only valid if you are under 25 years old.
Sorry for the little hiatus… I’ve been busy finishing the first season of Lost and traveling to my parent’s house in dirty Jerz. With funds rapidly depleting and job prospects looking bleak, I decided to take the plunge and go home for a week “or so”. At home, I can pick up some part time work in my old office, catch up on sleep, eat on my parent’s dime, and just chill out. It’s a really good idea to spend some time at home, especially after you hit the one-month unemployment mark.
Here’s why it’s a good idea to recharge at home while you’re unemployed:
- Save money (duh). Everything is cheaper outside of NYC.
- Eat free, delicious food all day, every day.
- Sleep late and undisturbed.
- Catch up with old friends who live at home.
- Drive around wherever you want.
- Watch a lot of tv and movies.
- Go through your childhood bedroom and find cool stuff, like pogs.
- Tackle a project you’ve been meaning to try, like building bunk beds (see below).