Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: maury show
Categories : NYC on the Cheap, On the Cheap, Unemployment
Throughout the dreary bleakness of my day today, there has been one constant, shining beacon of light: knowing that I will be sitting in the audience of the Maury Show tomorrow. I’m not really a hardcore Maury fan per say, but I do enjoy watching the show in the morning from time to time. So last week, when I was watching one morning with my boyfriend, something came up on the screen that said “for free tickets to the Maury Show, call this number.” Knowing full well that my boyfriend and I are the least-employed couple in NYC, I picked up my phone and got the tickets.
I have a few ideas about what the topic may be (paternity test, cheating spouse, misbehaving teens bootcamp) but ultimately I hope to be surprised, entertained and also to learn something valuable. Expect a full synopsis upon my return home.
Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: maury show, top chef, Unemployment, Unemployment in NYC
Categories : Job Search, NYC on the Cheap, Unemployment
I have three big reasons to be excited for this week:
1) I have a big interview on Wednesday morning.
- I really hope something works out soon because although I’m really enjoying unemployment, I don’t have a lot of money anymore and that kind of sucks.
2) I’m hosting a Top Chef finale party on Wednesday night.
- Please pack your knives and go. I love this show and love having friends over, and eating and drinking, so it’s the perfect combination. Go crazy-eyed Carla.
3) I have two free tickets to the Maury Show on Friday.
- Last week, I was watching Maury and a little thing came up and said “for free tickets to the Maury Show, call this number”. So I looked at it for a second, and then thought, “well, I have nothing else to do.” So I called and got two free tickets a taping on Friday. I think it’s going to be really, really fun. Everyone should be jealous.
My new unemployment motto is officially: “I have nothing else to do.” This way, I’ll do as much as possible and see as many people as possible while I have my freedom.